The Bitton Village Residents Association is a voluntary organisation set up on behalf of the residents of Bitton with the following objectives:
- To liaise with Councils and other bodies as appropriate, concerning planning and other related matters of importance to the village.
- To create ongoing links with councils and other bodies at all levels.
- To seek actively to improve the village environment.
- To attempt to involve industry in the village in the overall wellbeing of the village, and its residents.
- To hold social and fund raising events.
- To publish news-sheets when required.
- To compile, if possible, a history of the village, and to make this available generally.
- Such other aims and duties as may from time to time present themselves.
The Committee meets formally four times a year and holds an annual AGM in October. Committee members are elected at each AGM by local residents. All BVRA members, which means all residents of the village and neighbouring communities, are most welcome at all our meetings.